Content with fall management expert
Patricia Quigley, PhD, MPH,
ARNP, CRRN, FFAN, FAANP
Leveraging Technology to Customize Your Fall Prevention Program
CORDLESS BED AND CHAIR MONITOR
Designed with clinician input
The new BC600 Monitor is made for easy common day to day caregiver use. It alerts staff that a resident’s body movements indicate their intention to exit the bed or chair, facilitating timely mobility assistance to help keep your residents safe from falls.
UP TO THREE SENSORS
The BC600 offers the versatility of being able to be paired with up to three cordless sensors including a bed, chair, floor, and motion sensors (ideal for bathroom monitoring yet still allowing for patient/resident privacy and dignity).
The Pause feature gives the caregiver 60 seconds to remove the patient from the sensor without causing an alarm.
ALERTS show when to replace the batteries or sensor pad and if there is a lost signal.
CANCEL/RESET flashes when an alarm is triggered making it more noticeable for the caregiver.
SENSORS identify which sensor initiated the alarm.
Volume, Tone, and Delay controls are kept out of sight in the battery compartment
NURSE CALL JACK
Allows direct notification to nurse call
CLEANABLE PLASTIC STRAP
To attach to a wheelchair
EASE OF USE
- Dedicated controls for Reset, Volume, Delay, and Tone
- “REPLACE BATTERY”, “SIGNAL LOSS”, and “REPLACE SENSOR” indicator LEDs show status at a glance
- Can be used with both cordless and corded sensors
- Nurse call jack allows direct notification to nurse call
- Volume has three different audible levels with a silent alert option (when connected to nurse call) to reduce alarm fatigue and not cause the patient/resident to restrain their movement (in compliance with CMS Guidance §483 11-28-17)*
- Delay control helps prevent false alarms when the patient momentarily moves off the sensor pad
- Tone switch allows to designate one of three settings according to facility preference or to dedicate to a specific patient
- AC adaptor option extends battery life, reducing maintenance and replacement costs
- Plastic strap and plastic wall mount bracket are included with the monitor (additional compatible bed and chair bracket options
are also available)
- Strain relief helps prevent damage to the cord when using with a corded sensor pad
- Durable thick plastic casing and impact-resistant protective rubber boot reduces replacement/repair costs
- Size: 4.7″ H x 3″ W x 1.3″ D
- Power Source: 3 AA batteries (included). Optional AC adaptor sold separately
- Battery Life is approximately 6 months with normal use
- Cordless indoor range is up to 60 feet depending on environment
- Operating Temperature is 10º C – 40º C
- Operating frequency: 433.92 MHz
- Conforms to UL Std. 1069 and Certified to CSA Std. C22.2 #205
- Cordless Bed and Chair Pads
- Corded Bed and Chair Pads
- Floor Sensors
- Toilet Seat Sensor
- Seat Belt Sensor
* CMS Guidance §483 relates specifically to audible alarms in long-term care facilities